Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using a HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx;  I repeatedly choose the options to "Never" sleep when I close the lid but it has no effect. The laptop goes to sleep.  I have no obvious SLEEP button to rewake the laptop.   I have to power OFF and ON with the  power button to restart the laptop. 

How can I avoid this?   

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@roma77 

You can't -- there is no sleep/wake button -- you have to press the power button to wake the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply WAWood.   

Thats a really odd design flaw given that it completely removes the sleep concept that Windows does try to manage.   Not a very subtle design. 

It seems I am at the mercy of the power ON/OFF function.   I was hoping there was a way to createa sleep button using the function keys facility.  

HP Recommended

@roma77 

You only have one Power button -- but what it does, in various situations, depends critically on the options you have established in Settings --> System --> Power and sleep.  That's why there is no separate sleep/wake button.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have been through the Windows settings to set all the options of sleep/hibernate to "NEVER".   I also went to Device Manager to allow keyboard to waken the laptop. 

My laptop just ignores my preferences and cannot be woken after closing the lid.   

I do not mind if it sleeps on closing the lid, the issue is there is no means of wakening from sleep apart from the "sledgehammer" option of power off and power on.    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.