Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion 15-r041TX
Linux

i was using my laptop without any problem and suddenly the pc turns off by itself, i was using ubuntu.

when i tried to turn in the laptop it did not boot, only the starting light from the keyboard was on and after 5-6 seconds it turned off again. i tried to switch on the PC after some time, i was able to boot up the PC but i was not able to see anything on the screen it was totally white. i think the OS was booting, but i was not able to see anything other then the white screen.

the laptop had display hinge problem, i couldn't close the laptop because of that problem with the hinge (no the laptop was not damaged by me or anything it broke for some reason i don't know if you know it please tell me and i was blamed for that).  And i noticed that the laptop was very hot near that hinge.

and my internal WiFi card was not working so is there any solution to fix that? i was using external WiFi USB.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@7VIk_ja9 Welcome to HP Community!

I see that your device was shipped with Windows 8.1 and HP doesn't support or recommend changing the OS, as the same may render the device unstable, that said, we suggest you switch back to Windows 8.1 to troubleshoot the issue  and/or resolve the same,

Also, If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

As for the display issue, please connect the laptop to an external display and check if that works.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

but first how do i solve the white screen problem??

i'm not able to see anything on the screen. read the question completely.

ubuntu is better then windows!.

HP Recommended

@7VIk_ja9 I personally love Ubuntu too, but HP only supports Windows as off now, so there's that, also, reinstalling the OS should normally resolve the white screen issue, however, if you don't see anything during a restart, nor on an alternate monitor, we may be looking at a hardware malfunction, considering there are issues with the hinges as well, perhaps, you can connect it to an external monitor and tell us if you have a display, if it works fine on it, and yet there's no display on the laptop display, this could be an issue with the LCD display and it may require a repair/replacement:

In which case, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You, i will ask you if i need something😃

HP Recommended

@7VIk_ja9 Awesome, looking forward to it.

And Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.