Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 745 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all, I just bought  of two pairs memory to upgrade my sistem. This two pairs of 4Gb Kingston DDRL3 1600 (8 GB) after installed they won't boot up to windows unless I pair it with a memory that have a low speed under 1600. I've already tried one stick memory 4GB only to be running but the laptop didn't recognize it and keep the black screen with led bib code.

I then paired my new and the old one which consists with 4GB DDRL3 1600 + 2GB DDRL3 1333 and my laptop can booting up and recognized as dual channel of 6 GB ram installed.

What happen here? Is HP Elitebook 745 G2 are not compatible with DDRL3 1600 speed? Just if I can making adjustments in Bios setting so I can lowering the RAM speed that would be ok, but I can't find any setting in this HP bios (I had update the latest bios). Does anyone had this similar issue, or if there any suggestions for me

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Adiep 

It should work with DDR3L-1600 even with DDR3L-1866 RAM. Most likely the Kingston RAM is NOT compatible therefore machine will downgrade to allow to work with existing RAM.

Please use part # on page 50 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04773908.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm a bit more curious now with this Kingston module and if only I  have another module with the same speed from another brand just to see how it goes in my laptop that would be more ok for me to know what's the actual problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.