Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After updating to Windows 10 my HP-Envy would not wake from sleep, only a black screen. After fooling around with it for several days, I learned there were several drivers under SYSTEM DEVICES that failed to update to include the 3rd Generation Processor DRAM, All the Intel Chipsets, the Intel Managment System and the Legacy Driver also under Display adapters the INTEL Graphics driver needed updating. Basically I went through and check all drivers for updates. After the updates were complete, I restarted the machine and set the power settings to SLEEP when closing lid. Thus far it appears to be working.

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 10, I got the same issue as described in this thread. I have not solved the issue, and I refuse to downgrade to 8.1. 

I'm disappointed about HP not coming forward to reply to this thread.

What I have done:

- First suspected the issue was connected to my graphics drivers (I have both Intel and Nvidia drivers installed). I tried disabling one driver at the time in Device Manageer, but the problem persisted. Conclusion: It was not graphics driver related.

- Then upgraded the HP Support Assistant to the latest and greatest 8.1.40.3, and made pretty sure that my PC is fully updated to every upgrade that HP recommends. That includes things like graphics drivers for Intel, Audio drivers, Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, etc.  Conclusion: no - this did not help either.

- Suspected that the issue was related to BIOS/UEFI, but I since the HP Support Assistant did not give a newer version of it, I abandoned that line of thought.  Seems like I have vF.34, but I'm pretty sure that this is *not* the latest and greatest, since it's a year old. Maybe I shold try harder to find a newer version!

I have made one discovery though - if the PC goes to sleep while on battery-mode, the problem is not there! Conclusion: the problem is directly related to the power-mode and how the OS/BIOS handles this situation. For now I just changed the sleep-settings, so that the PC never goes to sleep while powered. 

Then I will perhaps look more into the BIOS upgrade. If I find out that the HP Support Assistant is not offering me the latest BIOS, I will be very upset!

Morten S

HP Recommended

@ mortensi Brother, you didn't tell if you're also facing the shut down issue. Just like you I've also refused to downgrade to WIN8.1. I've also checked all things; but nothing happened. I read somewhere Intel drivers are creating this problem. But I couldn't find anything in particular. My ENVY K101TX just doesn't shut down and doesn't come back after a sleep. I'm using "never go to sleep" settings. But I still have to force shut down my PC. :Crying:

HP Recommended

Un install a driver called "Intel Management Engine Interface" and download the same driver v10 or below at intel website, don't download v11 because it still buggy.

HP Recommended

Well, the driver version below 11 isn't available for windows 10.

HP Recommended
Can someone help me... I downloaded windows 10, obviosly big mistake, now my keyboard is locked, nine of the keys will work. I am so frustrated. Why isnt there an 800 # that i can call???
HP Recommended
Envy 14
HP Recommended

My intel chipset is 4th generation or haswell, maybe in 6th generation driver version is above 10

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this Bob_Ray! I am having the same issue with my Envy 14. I have to power off and on with the power button.

HP Recommended

Thanks to Robith for suggesting to downgrade from v11 of Intel Management Engine Interface to v10. It seems to work. You can download it from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+management+engine

Also, ignore the fact that the v10 support only Windows 8 and below, it seems to work with Windows 10 as well. Hopefully the issues one might have with Windows 10 with this version will be lesser than the v11.

However,  I've only tested it a few times, but it seems to be working much better than before. No freezes yes. 

Also, for those of you that have installed HP Support Assistant, make sure to adjust the settings (you'll find at the top of the screen) so that it will not download and install *automatically*, or it will just install v11 again!

I'm not pleased that HP suggest that v11 is the right one for Envy 15 + Windows 10. This should be corrected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.