Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 - Won't wake up - HP Envy

I have the same  issue. When I close my computer or it goes to sleep,  when I try to wake it up the screen is small white and black squares so I have to force it to shut down and restart. Upon restarting it works fine but for all the money this cp costs, I would expect it to work like a charm all the time., esp since it was a Christmas present. My problems began yesterday after I installed hp updates. I am really annoyed and need a solution from hp. I have disabled sleep but I need a more permanent solution and I expect hp to provide solutions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 22 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 is incomplete and I hate to say that Microsoft use us for its experiments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 23 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Because they know product is a crap. 1500 $ for garbage.

Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 24 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

amazing - i agree

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 25 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

still no changes?  :Crying:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
9 9 0 5
Message 26 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had this problem since Windows10 first came out. I tried updating all drivers etc. with no luck. At one point it worked briefly before stopping working (waking up) soon after. 

This is pathetic HP that you can't make a laptop that will wake up. This 360 Envy is so buggy it's beyond ridiculous. My much older Lenovo desktop upgraded without any problems whatsoever. HP seems to have done little if anything to address these very serious issues in their laptops. 

Highlighted
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 27 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But i have tried older driver for Windows 8.1 which is version 10 and it's working properly until now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 28 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i do not think HP cares as they do not answer forum issues that have persisted over many months.  Makes me wonder if it is time for a Mac

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 29 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately you have to manually search for driver updates, I had 5 drivers that needed updating, Bios and chipset. After manually searching and installing problem fixed. There is/was an active post where I listed the drivers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 30 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

glad to hear - in my case i did a manual search and update first with no resolution

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation