Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the same  issue. When I close my computer or it goes to sleep,  when I try to wake it up the screen is small white and black squares so I have to force it to shut down and restart. Upon restarting it works fine but for all the money this cp costs, I would expect it to work like a charm all the time., esp since it was a Christmas present. My problems began yesterday after I installed hp updates. I am really annoyed and need a solution from hp. I have disabled sleep but I need a more permanent solution and I expect hp to provide solutions.

HP Recommended
Windows 10 is incomplete and I hate to say that Microsoft use us for its experiments
HP Recommended

Because they know product is a crap. 1500 $ for garbage.

HP Recommended

amazing - i agree

HP Recommended

still no changes?  :Crying:

HP Recommended

I have had this problem since Windows10 first came out. I tried updating all drivers etc. with no luck. At one point it worked briefly before stopping working (waking up) soon after. 

This is pathetic HP that you can't make a laptop that will wake up. This 360 Envy is so buggy it's beyond ridiculous. My much older Lenovo desktop upgraded without any problems whatsoever. HP seems to have done little if anything to address these very serious issues in their laptops. 

HP Recommended

But i have tried older driver for Windows 8.1 which is version 10 and it's working properly until now

HP Recommended

i do not think HP cares as they do not answer forum issues that have persisted over many months.  Makes me wonder if it is time for a Mac

HP Recommended
Unfortunately you have to manually search for driver updates, I had 5 drivers that needed updating, Bios and chipset. After manually searching and installing problem fixed. There is/was an active post where I listed the drivers
HP Recommended

glad to hear - in my case i did a manual search and update first with no resolution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.