Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-af137nr

I have a model 15-af137nr hp notebook that won't boot up. I try to reset it but I don't have a password when it says I need one. When I click forgot password it says I have to log into my laptop to manage my user accounts. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OwenNeedsHelp  Welcome to HP Community!

• Are you the administrator of the computer?
  • How you are performing the reset the computer?
  • Please share the screenshot. that will help us troubleshoot.

In the meantime, please try to perform troubleshooting as mentioned in the above link.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I am the administrator of the laptop and to get to the reset I pressed f11on startup and selected keep files, but it made me log into an account I never had a password for.

HP Recommended

@OwenNeedsHelp

Thank you for the update.

Before we begin we need the answer to the question: Which type of account did you create? 

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution: 

Let us guide you through the solution 

Microsoft account 

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet. 

See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password. 

Local account 

Use one of the following options to reset the password for your local account. 

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.