Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Restarted computer in response to Windows 10 update prompt. Now locked out. Error message after I enter pin or Microsoft password: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User Profile can not be loaded.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Djmb, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

1. Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select Settings.

2. Here select Change pc settings and then General.

3. Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.

4. Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

5. Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

1. Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

2. Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

3. Type the following command and hit Enter:

•  net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

d.  Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

1. Press Windows + R to open Run command, type Services.msc and press Enter.
  2. Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and start the service.
  3. Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
  4. Now check if you are able to log in.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.