cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 2016 server freezes after idle for awhile

HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just bought new Spectre x360 convertible computer with Windows 2016. Left computer idle for a few minutes (15) and returned to screen saver.  Clicked on the enter button to get to password screen and entered password.  After entering it, the wheel of death started and kept spinning.  When I tried to turn the computer off, I may have accidentally hit stand by mode.  Then the screen started flashing.  I quickly unplugged everything.  It did come back on and I didn't lose anything.  

What should I do so that this doesn't happen again?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cathie3906, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted to know how to prevent the auto-rotation on your computer.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you:

1. Place the unit into Pad/Tablet mode.
  2. Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Display.
  5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

Let me know how that works.
I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation