Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0031au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my HP Envy X360.  Everything worked fine.  Next I installed the HP install assistant and ran an update which included a BIOS update.  Since then Windows starts with 3 screens showing on my monitor (see photo).  I ran a recovery-->reinstall Windows but no luck.  I am guessing I may have to go back to a previous version of the BIOS but can't find that on the HP Support site.   Any suggestions?   

20220626_075139.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for those instructions.  I have however decided to fully switch over to Linux Mint rather than have dual boot alongside Windows.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Beatnink 

If you have an external monitor:

- Shutdown your notebook

- Connect external monitor with a d-sub/vga or hdmi display cable

- Start your notebook and check if the external monitor is working

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.25 Rev.A14.1 MBMay 3, 2022Download

(2) Update graphics driver

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

27.20.11044.7 Rev.F653.6 MBNov 16, 2020Download

(3) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thanks for those instructions.  I have however decided to fully switch over to Linux Mint rather than have dual boot alongside Windows.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.