Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is only two months old now and about a month ago it started taking a while to get to the log on screen (about 30 seconds) but i thought it was no big deal, as it still is quite fast and thought it may simply be just from boot programs and such. but fast forward another month, it will take 1-2 minutes just to show my log in screen. then i still have to wait for it to either turn on windows hello or let me put in my pin, which is about another 30 seconds. and sometimes windows hello fails to work all together.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try applying the image enhancement on the following link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-15-bp100-x360-convertible-pc/1685...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

the driver made windows hello turn on faster, about the same speed as when the computer was new, but the screen still takes a while to show the log in page.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Right click the battery icon and select Power options - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and shutdown the notebook.

Start the notebook - it will take a little longer to boot - leave Windows to idle for a few, then re-enable fast start-up, save the setting, shutdown the notebook and see if there's any improvement in the boot time.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

nope. still slow. i dont want to do it, but maybe its a problem with windows itself? maybe a restore will fix it? because i know how windows 10 just breaks random things at times

HP Recommended

Hi,

If I think of anything else, I'll post back to this thread.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I noticed there are several driver updates for Windows V.1803 which I assume is what installed a month ago and started the slow boot? Have you updated these drivers?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-bp100-x360-convertible-pc/16851044

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

yes, i went on both the HP Support Assistant and website to get all my drivers. I also check the app often (last time ws yesterday) and nothing is new there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.