Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't start, black screen, 2 blinks on caps lock

Pavilion p214dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop was working well.  Suddenly wont start.  Fan comes on, caps lock light blinks intervals of 2, screen black.  Tried hard boot according to HP instructions.  Was in hibertnate mode prior to failed start.  Would like to determine if I need to replace motherboard or processor.  Thanks for help.  

ps. also determined memory and hard drive are good.

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 820 1376
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ gsheg

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p214dx and it does not boot into Windows. The Caps lock light blinks intervals of 2. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Do you remember if anything else happened on the laptop apart from the hibernate mode before this issue started? Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps from this link: http://hp.care/2ihhipr

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos
gsheg Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already performed the steps in the link.  Did not work. I cannot recall anything else happening with my computer prior to to the problem.  It worked fine one minute and then would not start the next time I turned it on.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation