Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4190

Good day. My computer presented a battery problem (it became bloated and forced the back panel) but  despite of that the computer was working. After replacing the battery it does not start anymore.  The only sign of life is the charging led and the power on the USB ports. I tried to perform the hard reset but the computer is not responsive. Pushing the power button does nothing.

Any advice before throwing it away? replacing the motherboard is not an option due its cost. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mmafra,

Thank you for the update. If the steps I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware issue and you could check with the local tech for repair or the store for upgrade options.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mmafra,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows after replacing the battery.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Did you replace the battery with the exact same part number?

Did you purchase the battery from HP?

Meanwhile, I recommend you remove the battery from the computer and connect the charger and check whether the computer is booting to Windows.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thanks for the  reply. The battery is original HP and none of the steps worked. The computer does not start at all. As I said, there is power on the USB ports but nothing else. no lights, etc. No response via power button. In contact with HP support I got the information that they don't provide replacement parts for this model anymore (bought it in November 2016)  meaning I can't buy the motherboard if this was the case.. 

Anyway, if you have any other suggestion,  it will be much appreciated.

Thanks again and stay safe.

mmafra

HP Recommended

@Mmafra,

Thank you for the update. If the steps I shared didn't do the trick, it would confirm a hardware issue and you could check with the local tech for repair or the store for upgrade options.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.