Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
x360 touch 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

x360 

Burned motherboard known defect help! Case id [personal info removed]

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Laptop came in for repair, at first I thought it would be something simple like a standard battery disconnect or a CMOS reset only to find out when I open the cover that the motherboard had a burn mark by one of the power mosfets at the top of the laptop main board. Searching around these forums I have seen many people with the same issue. Please send a replacement board I will RMA the defective one.

HP Recommended

Here is a link for the instructions on doing the battery reset it works on many models including tablets although I do not recommend it for the light-hearted.

https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how-to-hard-reset-the-hp-spectre-x360.415571/

HP Recommended

I really hope you can replace this motherboard that is the only piece that is needed don't need the keyboard deck and everything else you're sending everyone else. I am following this across the board and sending kudos to everybody else you provided a solution for regarding the 4002 model. Really want to boost your reputation as a good company. I work in it so I understand the nature of things there's not many people that I won't work with.

HP Recommended

@Ragnarr

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They didn't help me. They said the product was out of warranty etc. I just don't understand how do you have people on this forum that you've helped with the similar issue on the same model out of warranty and then you refuse other people that's just bad business practice if you help one you help all. Especially if it's a manufacturing defect in your part.

HP Recommended

In all reality if I didn't see you helping people with this issue why would I even try to do anything. This forum has just been a big waste of my time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.