Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
X360 ENVY 13-ar0350nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Now I know for sure. This Ryzen models has (BIOS) issues. We have al lot of ar697nd (ryzen 5) and  few a0350nd (ryzen 7) models. (in total 130 of them)

We allready had users complaining that during their break there notebook is turned off and not booting up again (its to hot). They must leave it for a half a hour without the charger before it turns on again.

I just noticed something with it with mine. As I'm typing this message taskmanager shows my GPU is 80 degrease and the fan is NOT running. Normally it makes allready lots a noice at 60 degrease.

The only thing I did is that I put the laptop in sleep mode yesterday and woke it this morning. The fan has not turned on ever since. Laptops are one month old and have the latest F19A BIOS. I allready tried the HP assist software for updates, but it shows only a bluetooth and wifi driver.

We use Windows x64 enterprise 1909 with all available updates installed. Without other bloatware. I only installed HP assist ones to see if there are other important updates.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just noticed that a reboot does not help. I must shutdown en power on. Now the fan spins like crazy again.

HP Recommended

Today after a night in sleep mode it woke up. Fans worked. Putted in in sleed mode again (full battery) half an hour later it don't want to wake up. Power button not responding. Holding powerbutton for a few seconds en tried it again and was booting again (offcourse with all my applications closed).

I am willing to test beta BIOS! 

HP Recommended

An unexpected mail from one of our users: he uses a 13-ar0697nd and could not start up his laptop. It feld really hot. He disconnected the power cable and waited for a few minutes. He also putted the laptop in sleep mode yesterday.

When is someone from HP going to give a response? And not one to enable hibernation. It should work in sleep mode. Our previous X360 13-s100nd models did not have any of these usses.

HP Recommended

@janwillem_v I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.