Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t-4000

Similar to the plethora of posts about the Spectre x360 (13t-4000), I too have now suffered the 'laptop won't charge/turn on,  smells smoky, opened it up to find the motherboard has a scorched spot' issue. It seems ridiculous that there hasn't been action taken on this issue/laptop. Are they waiting for the laptops to catch someone's house on fire first?  If you have a Spectre, you should be very concerned/careful as they (still) seem to have issues with overheating/smoking/scorching.IMG_4577.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jminning

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I try to "contact support" it just tries to direct me back to the support forums. How do I contact the support engineers?

HP Recommended

Probably don't need to spend too much effort diagnosing the issue. It seems to be a very common issue with the Spectre line:
Link 1 
Link 2 
Link 3 
Link 4 
Link 5 
Link 6 
Link 7 
Link 8 
Link 9 
Link 10 
Link 11 
Link 12 
Link 13 
Link 14 
Link 15 
Link 16 
Link 17 
Link 18 

HP Recommended

@jminning
Thank you for posting back. 

In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.