7 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ZBook 15 G3 Shotdown and Dock issues

ZBook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a ZBook 15 G3 that I am having a couple of issues with. The first issue has to do with the computer shutting down. It takes 10 - 15 minutes for the machine to completely power down. I decided to go into the event viewer and I noticed several warnings when the machine was powering down stating that the processors are slowed down due to a firmware issue. I have tried updating the BIOS to version 1.11. It was already at this version but I am going to try reinstalling it to see if that fixes the issue. I also noticed on the Driver page (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8693774&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060) that under Firmware there is a "Intel Corporate Management Engine (ME) Firmware Component". I am not entirely sure what this is but as soon as the computer starts back up again I am going to try installing this to see if the issue is resolved. Anybody else know anything about fixing this firmware issue which is causing the long shutdown?

This probably is not the place for me to post my next question but I will anyway. I have the Thunderbolt 3 dock for this laptop. Currently I have two monitors and one ethernet cable plugged into it which work. However USB devices that are plugged into the dock do not work. When I have these devices plugged directly into the machine then they work. I have tried looking this up and I receive the same answers which are the following.

1. Make sure the BIOS is current

2. Install the Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect driver

3. Install the Intel Thunderbolt firmware update utility

4. Install the Thunderbolt 3 dock firmware

I have done all of them except number 4. On the driver page that I linked above I cannot find this thunderbolt 3 dock firmware. Not sure if that will fix the issue but it is worth a shot. Does anybody know why this dock isn't working or where to find the Thunderbolt 3 dock firmware?

Any information is appreciated.

1 REPLY
csanford Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ZBook 15 G3 Shotdown and Dock issues

The firmware upgrade didn't fix it.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation