Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Zbook is about 3 years old, runs fine except this one problem.  I cannot say exactly when it began.  If I boot the machine on battery and then plug in the AC adapter, the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive.  Also, the battery icon does not show the AC adapter as being plugged in.  When the machine is locked up, If I then remove the AC adapter and put it back on battery, it resumes running normally.  I can start the machine on AC and leave the AC plugged in until I shut it down, and everything is normal.  Likewise, if I start on battery and do not plug in AC, it behaves normally.  BIOS version is L70 01.45 of 04/14/2019 (current).  I install HP updates indicated in their Security Bulletin Alerts, but do not use Support Assistant.  Would like to be able to transition from battery to AC without locking up.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The ZBook was on 'HP Optimized' power plan while I was having the problem.  Switched to 'Power Saver' and that fixed the problem.  Is there an update to the HP Optimized plan that avoids this?  Otherwise, 'Solved'.

UPDATE : NOT SOLVED

The change of power plan did not in fact completely fix it - it still happens, but much less frequently.  It has something to do with power management I guess, but that's as far as I can take it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.