Slavi12 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password.

HP Presario F504eu
Microsoft Windows Vista
HP Presario F504eu Laptop : How to bypass System disable & Admin password

Product name:  HP Presario F504eu Laptop

Operating System:  Vista Home Premium OEMAct

Error Message:  "Enter Administrator Password "  

Changes made to system that caused issue to occur: 

A black screen appeared with a blue box asking to "Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password."   After 4-5 attempts to enter the password that was set for windows, the system disabled itself.   I would have to remove the battery and plug in power cord to reset the computer which continues to ask to "Enter Administrator Password or Power On Password."   Is there anyway to override this or is there a "generic password" to use as a bypass this screen .   I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS!

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Slavi12 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There, unfortunately after I hit enter 3x times noting hapened, any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Slavi12,

1. Shut down the notebook

2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery

3. Hold  down the Power button for 30 /40 seconds

4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook

Hit enter 3 times again and see if you get a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation