11-19-2012 05:29 PM - edited 11-19-2012 05:44 PM
HP HDX16t 64 bit
Windows 7 Home Prem
Since I upgraded from Vista to W7 my diagnostic tools don't work - none of them. I always get the "an unexpected error occurred. the troubleshooting wizard can't continue" pop u. I also get a lot of .net framework errors.
I tried using the Microsoft 'Fixit' but got "troubleshooting can't continue because an error occurred"
Should I uninstall W7 and if so how?
12-03-2012 06:56 PM
12-04-2012 12:40 PM
12-04-2012 01:07 PM
This happened when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 last year. HP sent an upgrade CD. I tried reinstalling but no help. I also get NET framework issues as well. Tried reinstalling those too.
12-05-2012 02:11 PM
12-05-2012 03:35 PM
I already tried uninstalling with NET Framework cleanup_tool.exe. Then tried reintstalling each version starting with NF 1 in order up to NF 4. The only one I didn't have errors reinstalling was NF 2. I have logs from the NF Verification Utility but don't know how to attach them here.
I can't help but feel it is related to the W7 Update CD that HP sent. When the laptop had Vista there were no problems. Am wondering if I should try a different CD. Would HP be willing to replace the old one? Perhaps that would fix the diagnostic tool errors...
(My laptop is HP HDX16 Premium Series)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)