cancel
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery fully charged but pc notebook won't come on after pressing the power button

notebook 15-F272WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hello out there. Pls need help... Want to know why & what to do about my Hp notebook not powering on after my battery is fully charged? If I press the power button the power & drive lights will blink on & off a few seconds then just go off. I did a hard reset once it worked but after that it started again a day after the hard reset. Though, if I connect it to electrical outlet it shows that the battery is full(white light shows to buttress this). Pls, what is wrong with my pc notebook? Just bought it bout 5 month ago & still in tip-top condition. Thanks, Nogard from Nigeria west Africa
13 REPLIES 13
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery fully charged but pc notebook won't come on after pressing the power button

Hi @nogard,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the laptop does not power on the battery which is fully charged. Do you mean that the laptop can power on AC adapter, but once the AC adapter removed, it will shut down? If so, please run the battery test as below:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Let me know the result of your battery test.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SDJL. Today I tried powering my pc with just the AC adapter the led light came on at the battery indicator charging light section but still my pc did not come on! Even the power & drive led that use to glow on the side b4 did not glow. I replaced the battery & connected the adapter back it shows or glowed the charging mode & I pressed the power button but still the pc won't come on!! This problem started just last week with my pc but I could boot it with repeatedly trials up to 5 or 7 times b4 it comes on with both the power & drive light on by side but today no led light is show except the battery section or AC adapter light glowing.... How can u help me my friend? My pc was born on date January-26-2016 & I've not done much work with the pc yet. Thanks
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @nogard,

Please try a hard reset.

If the laptop does not start, follow the steps on this document: 

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

If the problem persists, please contact HP Support

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SDJL. My pc problem is not the batter or Ac adapter cos I've done the steps you gave me to follow when the pc eventually came up. I even used it four bout 6 to 7 hours yesterday when it came on with repeatedly trial. Took it to two pc repairers, one told me the problem is with the power button & the other said it could be my RAM. What is your own professional opinion SDJL? Thanks
0 Kudos
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that when it does boot up after repeated trial it stays on till I finish using it but when I power it off I can't power it back on with just a press as I use to two to three weeks ago. This problem with my pc just started the day I wrote to this forum first....
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nogard,

If the LED near Caps Lock/Num Lock flashes 3 times in a row, it might be the problem of the RAM. Otherwise, the problem cannot be ruled out.

To contact HP phone support, click on http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SDJL. Did as you said in your last reply to me. Contacted an HP support centre here in Abuja FCT Nigeria, west Africa. The lady at the counter who attended to me requested for my invoice or receipt of purchase of my hp pc. She said if i have it i would only pay for diagnosis of my pc 💻 to know what is wrong & why it is not booting & it would be resolved for me for free cos when my pc 💻 serial & product number was logged into there system in the hp support centre, it came up that my pc 💻 is under warranty. Now my problem my friend SDJL, my pc 💻 was bought in Florida this year January & brought to me here in Nigeria February as a present 📦 I was not given an receipts or invoice of purchase. How do I go about this? Anyway or how u can direct me?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nogard,

You can visit this site http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home to check your warranty by entering the serial number.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
nogard Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SDJL, tnks so far for the assistance. Visited the hp support centre here in my country last week after paying for the diagnosis, I was told that the mother board is the fault & ask to pay the sum of 40 thousand naira to fix....😞? Why this? My pc 💻 is under warranty. Is this right or am I been played? Can I make complain on any site u can assist me with, hp head office I can complain to? Tnks again
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation