08-13-2017 03:58 AM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !
This issue cannot be solved in the forum. For any code that starts with i , you have to contact HP Support team for assistance in removing the password.
Depending on the case, the motherboard might need to be replaced or the BIOS might need to be reflushed. And under certain curcumstances, this is not covered by the PC warranty. But please, check with HP first via call. If in the USA, call 1-800-474-6836
* Please, use the button to accept this post as a solution if my comment helped
IT_WinSec : I am not employed by HP Inc. I am a volunteer and I express personal opinion only. I work in IT and cyber security
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)