Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios lock white list holt on boot

dv7-4004tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi there my last poast was deeleted so id thour id repoast ..
im running windows 10 on my hp dv7 4004tx. and was wondering if i could get an updated bios for the thing with the white list removed for the pcie socket as it is your firmware causeing the problem.
running bios rev 3.5 f.29
current card is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter
and i would like to install an intel combo card to A increese speed of the wifi.
and B give my laptop bluetooth smart ready 4.0 support.
as this unit is out of warranty you should have no problem with the modifying of the system to suit my prefrences.

i would be quite happy if the broardcom BCM92070MD bluetooth 2.0 adapter
installed in the inturnal usb slot had a 4.0 counterpart i could purchace and install...

please advice if there is some option im missing.
currently in the process of removeing the whitelist my self as my last po0000st was deeleted.
by some angry oldfwag that hates plug in play (back in my day you had to install driver with commend prompt... and we called it dos) ( windows 3.1 is the best).

it would be nice if hp would releace a patch for the bios or at least reply to my message but ill just post another one.

please leave this here as i expect the comunity to provide more help in this matter as hp has not replyed to this post.

ArfA
5 REPLIES 5
arfa666 Top Student
Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have also aquirerd a BCM20702MD might this work in the 6 line usb inturnal port as a direct replecement for the BCM92070MD ??? i also dont expect a reply from HP as they are rather touchey on this subject..

ArfA
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1432
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @arfa666 – Hope you are well :)

Thanks for joining HP Support Forums. I’d glad to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are looking to update the BIOS and other drivers for your Pavilion notebook. When I checked HP driver page for this model, the Windows 10 are not listed. I would suggest you try and use HP Support Assistant to download the necessary drivers to update the old ones.

HP Support Assistant is a software program designed to help you keep your computer in working order, prevent potential problems from arising, and resolve problems quickly and easily. The program also provides valuable system information that you need when troubleshooting computer problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2gFA6Q8 to install the HP SA if you do not have it already.

Also, if you have the HP SA installed then go to http://hp.care/2gqoIri and follow the steps under “Checking for HP updates’ to find and install the updates.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
arfa666 Top Student
Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did you read what I’m typing.. do you have a computer science degree?
are you even a technician.
do you speak English as a first language?

if you replied yes to all questions then you may be qualified to assist me.

i require HP to supply a bios for my HP dv7 4004tx currently running

BIOS Version F.29 REV 3.5
InsydeFlash
i request you recompile the BIOS which is in HEX format to exclude the HP code for whitelisting certain Wi-Fi PCI-E devices.

my problem is i have no Bluetooth 4.0 support so i plugged in a Wi-Fi combo PCI-E card in place of my
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_0280

i get a cannot boot screen due to bios whitelist stating that it is incompatible.
funny thing is if i wait until after the boot screen and plug it in while the laptop as already booted i can install the drivers and use all features...
i must conclude the HP/Compaq have kept the whitelist small for obvious proprietary reasons..
i request that the whitelisting/ baring of other hardware be removed from the bios and a new revision be added to the driver store  perhaps named F.20 rev 4.0...

As this device belongs to me and is out of warranty you should have no problem releasing the in question bios firmware patch..
you may want to reconsider the implications of denying such a request as it is legal to jailbreak an iPhone.. why should I have to request whitelist unbarring of my PCI-E socket do you understand what a form factor is? It makes compatibility issues near null.

ArfA
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1432
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @arfa666,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
arfa666 Top Student
Top Student
7 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have only poasted what information i needed to, where i needed to, to get optimum results.
and hardware id in device manager is not a serial code it is the device hardware id.
allowes the correct identification of drivers suitable for such a device..
i was atempting to educate you on the problem i was haveing by identifying the device i was refuring to with hardware id, as you seemed to think i was haveing driver problems...
drivers are fine running on the non supported windows 10 had to download them direct from broadcom and the like as your hp assistant will not install.

neather will with windows vista drivers supplied on the hp driver store for this device. not that i'd ever install "bloatware"
which is where the device hardware id comes in. allowes me to identify the correct firmware for the hardware. 

thankyou so much for up managing this post i hope i get support for this issue soon as this has been an ongoing problem.
and has been ammended in other devices.
dv7 feeles a bit left out.

ArfA
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation