12-09-2014 12:36 AM
1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
4. For new password, just press ENTER key
5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.
1. Shut down the notebook
2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery
3. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds
4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook
5. If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
09-03-2017 02:28 PM
Thanks for the post.
As I understand the computer is asking to "power on password/BIOS password" and you need assistance with the same, is that right?
You would have to contact HP phone support for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.
Let me know if this helped.
I am an HP Employee