Tutor
13 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios press beeps

650 G2 & ZBook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there anyway to turn off the annoying beep that HP seem to have enabled whenever you do anything in the Computer Setup screen or press an F key to change the normal boot? I know i've pressed the button or made the change I don't need the laptop making the most annoying system beep i've ever heard. Older models didn't do this and is beeping annoying in an open plan office.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios press beeps

Hey @simonjhutton

You have come to the right place to find suggestions, solutions and a helping hand! I understand that you are looking to change the beeping sound in Windows when you make a change. 

Generally speaking, this is out of my area of expertise, but I do have a document for you from Windows Club that may help: Disable System Beep. This site is in no way shape or form affiliated with HP and I cannot guarantee it's validity but I did read it and it seems that the steps may be helpful to you. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
simonjhutton Tutor
Tutor
13 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios press beeps

As mentioned in my original post it is the BIOS beeps not sounds in Windows i want to stop. Windows sounds are not annoying it's the stupid beeping in the BIOS menu that's annoying. Boot into BIOS Setup BEEP, Click save BEEP, click Yes BEEP, click close BEEP

HP laptops never used to do this.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios press beeps

Hey, 

My bad. 

I am not sure if there is a way to stop the beeping when making changes in the BIOS. I would suggest contacting us to see if there is a way to do so. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation