Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 6BP86EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

first i change my system so it has a sata (not ssd) drive.

also i removed the battery, so it work only on power grid.

when i first power up the PC it written "CMOS RESET (502)".

after rebooting it says : Hard Disk (3F0), so he cant find the operation system.

changing the system config in the boot menu to legacy support to be enable help to find windows folder.

after power up the pc the setting of the bios go back to default ( legacy support is disable).

first how can i fix the CMOS problem? do i need  to replace the chip?

why the setting is not saved? maybe the battery is needed?

thank you,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

did you removed the SSD with Windows 10 to install a SATA HDD ? 

did you install an Operating SYstem on SATA HDD ?

when you removed the battery the BIOS setting has been lost, that's way you get "CMOS Reset".

Windows 10 should be installed with  legacy support is disable .

so explain what are you trying to do.

If you leave the notebook without the battery and every time you disconnect the power grid and at next boot you always get the CMOS reset messgae, it's clear that the battery is needed.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.