Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update fail, pc can't start

HP 625 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i downloaded a bios update tool from HP website, but while updating the bios, there was a power black out. my laptop couldn't come out of herbanation and it can't boot. only the power button light, caps lock light and WiFi light are working, the fun is also working but it can't boot.

i have tried removing the battery, power adapter and press the power button for a minute, nothing has changed..is there any solution for this problem.

the pc is HP625 notebook

2 REPLIES 2
Jacko67 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

My son's laptop did this blank screen too - only power button light was on, but no fan, no key lights, nothing.  I tried the same hard reset -remove batt, press power.  Almost took it apart to reseat the RAM, but decided to search the forum again (sorry I can't find that hp support page anymore).  Anyways, you will read that beside hard rest and reseating RAM, they will tell you to try connecting it to an external monitor to check if it is a display problem.

Short story, none of the above worked for me, EXCEPT THIS - hold down Windows key and "B" key.  While holding down the Windows and B key, press and hold the power button for about one second, then release all 3 buttons.  The power key will light up, wait for about 40 seconds (more or less), then the BIOS will update.

Hope it works for you too.

UPDATE:  I just found the link again.... I followed step 3...

0 Kudos
oswel Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank u so much, it worked
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation