1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update gone wrong

Pavillion 14-v062us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

This is my first time on a forum and I have no idea what "location" to select for this type of issue.  I will try to make this short and simple.  There were a bunch of updates from HP, one of which was a Bios update.  A bunch of others had issues updating.  Ever since then, my wifi keeps dropping, when my service and all other devices are fine.  I try to restart and it hangs there for hours, so I have to hold the power button to shut it off and turn it back on.  When I close my notebook, it will not go to sleep, hibernate or anything I set it to.  Instead it shuts the screen off, hard drive sounds as if it is still running and the computer heats up and power button light stays on.  Again, I have to hold the power button do shut it off.  I have a Windows 10 HP 14 Pavillion was advertised as windows 10 ready, so I don't think it is that since I did that update in July and this just started happening after the bios update.  Is anyone else having the same issues?  Any suggestions to anyone who may have resolved them?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
44385 44121 3305 13842
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bios update gone wrong

You could try a BIOS rollback to previous version. 

1-Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key.

2-When the menu appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics.

3-In the list of items will be BIOS or Firmware Management.Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it.Press Enter key.

4-You should now have a Rollback BIOS option.Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation