cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

bios

HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 12h 12-b100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have have recently purchased a HP pavilion x2 12 Detachable (12-b100na) and after receiving a replacement unit and speaking to HP support, i was advised to update the drivers and BIOS.

I have sucessfully updated the driver but the BIOS update takes forever. It just freezes. Have stopped it and started it a couple of times with no luck.

Is a BIOS update really required? I have read on other forums that this is a common issue with HP Assistant. Why hasn't this been fixed yet and why are HP shipping laptops out with an older BIOS verion?

The required update BIOS version as specified in the HP Assistant is SP76530.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Harshal

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5
219 219 21 61
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
BIOS updates are handy and fix potential problems with your computer, I would certainly recommend updating it

If the HP support assistant isn't working then you can download the update direct from the HP support site support.hp.com

When downloading, select download only and then follow on screen prompts to install
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation