Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
250 g6 1wy23ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today I updated the bios in HP 250 g6 1wy23ea using the hp assistance tool. The bios update was recommended by hp assistance because of security reason and I do such operations in the past on other hp notebooks without any problems. Today unfortunately after update the bios the notebook doesn't work - screen is black all the time.

The symptoms are as follows:

- after power on the power led is on and after few seconds fan is starting same as hdd but the hdd is just spinning without any reading i think.

What I do till now:

- I try to connect the external monitor (using HDMI) but after few seconds I can see that there is no signal - I try to use function key + f4 for changing the monitor without any success

- I removed the battery and use only the power adapter - try to use win+b and win+v keys combination without any success

- I removed the RAM physically and after start the caps lock led is flashing properly in such situation - - - . . - - - . . 😉

- I put the RAM back in 😉

- I remove the battery from motherboard for a while (two hours) - no progress in solving the problem

- I removed the HDD to be sure that notebook will not try to boot from them I prepared the usb flash drive with bios recovery based on HP articles using other computer - boot my laptop with win+b and win+v with inserted usb flash drive with bios recovery without any success 

What can I do now to solve the problem?

Unfortunately, the HP warranty for my Notebook expired in March and now I have a bad user experience about this whole situation.

The conclusion for now is - never ever update the BIOS after warranty is over even if HP claim it is recommended because of security reason!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, have you find a solution?

I'have the same problem and i've tryed all the solution that hp says.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.