08-09-2019 06:17 AM
Today I updated the bios in HP 250 g6 1wy23ea using the hp assistance tool. The bios update was recommended by hp assistance because of security reason and I do such operations in the past on other hp notebooks without any problems. Today unfortunately after update the bios the notebook doesn't work - screen is black all the time.
The symptoms are as follows:
- after power on the power led is on and after few seconds fan is starting same as hdd but the hdd is just spinning without any reading i think.
What I do till now:
- I try to connect the external monitor (using HDMI) but after few seconds I can see that there is no signal - I try to use function key + f4 for changing the monitor without any success
- I removed the battery and use only the power adapter - try to use win+b and win+v keys combination without any success
- I removed the RAM physically and after start the caps lock led is flashing properly in such situation - - - . . - - - . . 😉
- I put the RAM back in 😉
- I remove the battery from motherboard for a while (two hours) - no progress in solving the problem
- I removed the HDD to be sure that notebook will not try to boot from them I prepared the usb flash drive with bios recovery based on HP articles using other computer - boot my laptop with win+b and win+v with inserted usb flash drive with bios recovery without any success
What can I do now to solve the problem?
Unfortunately, the HP warranty for my Notebook expired in March and now I have a bad user experience about this whole situation.
The conclusion for now is - never ever update the BIOS after warranty is over even if HP claim it is recommended because of security reason!!