Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I keep getting blue screens complaining about igdpmd64.sys  x00000050.  I noticed on the day that I suddenly started getting blue screens Windows installed a bunch of windows 7 x64 updates.  Does anyone know if any of the recent windows updates can cause this? 

At times I cannot even reboot normally when it occurs.  I have had to restore to a previous version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We had the same problem with our HP DV7 laptop.

You need to unistall the Windows Update KB2670838 which is causing this problem.

The problem disappears.

I have found rthe solution in HP Forum and Microsoft forum.

Apparently this problem also appears on DV6T Laptops and maybe other models.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

Ihave the same problem with my Pavilion dv7 :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

We had the same problem with our HP DV7 laptop.

You need to unistall the Windows Update KB2670838 which is causing this problem.

The problem disappears.

I have found rthe solution in HP Forum and Microsoft forum.

Apparently this problem also appears on DV6T Laptops and maybe other models.

HP Recommended

This did end up fixing my issue.  The odd thing was this update was on my computer for quite awhile before I started having issues.  It was when I installed the new version of Norton Internet Security that the issue started showing up.

HP Recommended

We also noticed the same. The Windows update that caused the problem was installed since March 2013. But the problem started showing up only about 2 weeks ago. I cannot certify that it was triggered by the new version of  the Norton Internet Security, though we installed it recently.

HP Recommended

Hello allinthedetails & marimont ,

Sorry for the trouble  and glad to know that the problem has been fixed! I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

As you said, this problem was reported almost a few months ago it is not due to any of the recent updates from Norton. See the following thread where Wuzzle from Microsoft reports that they are aware of the problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/aero-disabled-after-platform-upda...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

HP Recommended

I had also faced the blue screen problem for the last two days. I have also uninstalled the update just now and i need to wait whether the ptoblemis solved or not. My laptop is DV7T -6100t QE Edition with 1920x1080 resolution and a blue ray writer

HP Recommended

Hi Vineeth,

I had this problem as well. After uninstalling aforementioned Windows Update my laptop was fine... for a while. After installing another series of Windows updates last weekend, the problem has returned in full force again 😞

The KBD-update is still uninstalled on my laptop, so can you please provide support on this new problem? I need to stop typing now as my laptop already freezes each time after like 5 minutes, which renders it just about completely useless..

Type: HP dv6-6b14ed-2nd i7-2670QM Amber

HP Recommended

Hi MysticSunray:

Thank you for your inquiry.  I am pleased to assist you!

I understand that you are getting a blue screen after installing updates.  You can download and run the HP Support Assistant, to help with updating drivers and resolving issues. click here. Here is documentation on "Troubleshooting Error Messages on a Blue Screen that may Occur During Startup or Boot"  click here.

I am also sending a link to the software and driver page for your computer  click here. You  could try running the MS Fix it  click here to aid in this issue.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I'm having this problem after deciding to do a full system restore. 

Here's the thing. The file identified as the problem is igdpmd64.sys which everyone associates with KB2670838. My issue is that I dont have KB2670838 in my list of updates. Is it possible that this .sys file was associated with another update? How would I find out?

Thank you,

Seth

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.