Highlighted
deek7 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

boot device not found.// Please install operating system on your hard disk. (3FO)

Sir...I didn't get the bio's deafault setting options...plzz help me out

16 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15941 1261 2174
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post

boot device not found.// Please install operating system on your hard disk. (3FO)

@deek7

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you need support, and I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

• Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? 
  • Are you getting the 3F0 error as well? just as the original poster did?
  • Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Monkeymorgan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post

I did the f2 system diagnostics and all passed.  I then f10 it and f9 it and nothing happened.  Still got boot device not found.

Then step 3 test hard drive, and everything passed.

Then did step 4, restart drive and opened the back and took out drive and nothing seemed loose. Started laptop again still received error. 

Help!!

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@deek7

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you need support, and I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

• Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? 
  • Are you getting the 3F0 error as well? just as the original poster did?
  • Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4841 256 322
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post

@Monkeymorgan

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

Thanks for responding,

It's great to have you back,

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
56 1 1
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post

Deek7 did you get your issue resolved? I'm having the same issue with my HP Pavilion X360 M3-u00ldx.

0 Kudos
MaxITTech Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post

What kind of HDD or SSD do you have ? Brand and model please. You can found this information in disk management by doing right click on the disk and click on propreties. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
56 1 1
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post

Thank you MaxlTTech. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB.

0 Kudos
NickDon Tutor
Tutor
4 0 2
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post

I have a similar problem. My HD is dead. When replacing with a new one, I get the same error (HP Pavilion g7-2314er). But I didn't see a solution here. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
AlFa909 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post

These problems do not occur with the other devices only HP is with them and do not find solutions to them unfortunately.

NickDon Tutor
Tutor
4 0 2
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post

These problems do not occur with the other devices only HP

Thank's.

To my great regret, I have to agree with you. I analyzed a lot of information on this error, but I did not find a solution for my case.
If there is no compromise here, then I will have to admit that there was a much better opinion about the HP products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation