Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp probook 450 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

my laptop was fine and working okay but in the morning i had the "boot device not found " black screen i mad the hard desk diagnostic and each test give me pass 

i saw in the internet i should change the BOOT OPTION so in my BIOS Q85 and there is a check on these

USB storage boot

network PXE boot

prompt on batery errors

prompt on memory size change

prompt on fixed storage change

audio alerts during boot

now 

----------------------

UEFI boot order ( checked)

USB:

M.2:ADATA SU800NS38

legacy boot order (checked )

M.2:ADATA SU800NS38

NETWORK :intel corporation : realtek PXE BO2 DOO

I tried to keeb the uefi boot order alone did'nt work 

i tried to change the order of the adata and intel corporatoin  and didn't work 

what should i do ?

ps the laptop work fine and i didn't do any thing 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rabeeqasem 

You should come here for advice, as the advice you got from the Internet will do you no good.

This issue is often due to a failing drive. So, let's check that first, because if it is failing, it would need to be replaced and there is no point then in doing anything else until we confirm that.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.