12-04-2011 05:51 PM
You can try. See if this article is of any help.
If you don't care about losing any files and programs you may have on the hard drive, you can try a system recovery to the factory state (where it was the day you got the notebook). That is normally done by tapping the F11 key at the HP welcome screen.
02-24-2013 02:48 AM
My laptop is HP g6 pavillion ax1209 amd a6 processor. I am getting the problem whenever starting my laptop-- Bootmanager missing..
press cntr+alt+ del to restart
I lost my recovery disc, and installed new copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit.
I got windows home basic with the laptop when purchased
I tried to format C/ drive and install new copy of win 7 professional as updates make it very slow. In the meanwhile after c/ drive format it shows that boot manager missing.
What to do now?
05-06-2013 03:14 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 06:07 PM by OscarFuentes
I see that you are wanting information on running a factory or system restore.
Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows 8.
Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows 7.
Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows vista.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)