Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this two months ago to use purely for photos for my husband and ocassional browsing as I have a laptop of my own.  From the first off it has been so slow and it is not my internet connection as my computer is fine.  Everytime it is opened up to use whether it has been half an hour or a day it shows the desktop but you cannot open anything until you have rebooted it.  This is so frustrating,  it is just not fit for purpose, surely this should not be happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Following my last post I deleted Avast which was installed on the computer as I have another security system in place.  I have not had any problems with the computer since but if it starts to freeze again I will phone up the technical department as suggested. 

phoned up HP support today and they told me how to do a system quick test and to phone them back after it was done which I did.  Everything came up as passed.  I was told it was an issue with Windows 10 and that I should make sure that all updates are installed.  the settings on my laptop are to update automatically but I still looked for updates and downloaded them to install.  It does seem to be running quicker, but I will have to wait and see.  HP have also said that maybe I should phone Microsoft up if this persists as because everything came up as a pass on the system quick test it is not a fault with the computer.  They gave me the number 0344 800 2400.  I shall have to see how it goes.  A bit disappointed really but I will wait and see.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

janilee

I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.

You should not be having problems with a PC this new.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!
-------------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekend, so you may have to wait until Monday to contact them.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response.  I live in the UK and tomorrow is a bank holiday so I will try later on in the week when I am not at work.  I will let you know the outcome.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Following my last post I deleted Avast which was installed on the computer as I have another security system in place.  I have not had any problems with the computer since but if it starts to freeze again I will phone up the technical department as suggested. 

phoned up HP support today and they told me how to do a system quick test and to phone them back after it was done which I did.  Everything came up as passed.  I was told it was an issue with Windows 10 and that I should make sure that all updates are installed.  the settings on my laptop are to update automatically but I still looked for updates and downloaded them to install.  It does seem to be running quicker, but I will have to wait and see.  HP have also said that maybe I should phone Microsoft up if this persists as because everything came up as a pass on the system quick test it is not a fault with the computer.  They gave me the number 0344 800 2400.  I shall have to see how it goes.  A bit disappointed really but I will wait and see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.