cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ZzBrooKzZ
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

can i add a ram to my laptop and is it safe because my laptop is locked (unremovable battery)

HP Recommended
hp 15-dw2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello 

can i add a ram to my laptop?

System Information 17_01_2021 03_18_26.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,518 26,954 3,118 6,745
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ZzBrooKzZ 

Screen says you have 4GB and a spec sheet I found says it can take 8GB, and it might be able to take more than that -- but the issue is, these new laptops are sealed shut and do not have access panels for the memory or removable backs.  If you pry the back open to get at the memory sticks, you void the warranty.  So basically no, it is not safe to do that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,518 26,954 3,118 6,745
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ZzBrooKzZ 

Screen says you have 4GB and a spec sheet I found says it can take 8GB, and it might be able to take more than that -- but the issue is, these new laptops are sealed shut and do not have access panels for the memory or removable backs.  If you pry the back open to get at the memory sticks, you void the warranty.  So basically no, it is not safe to do that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

ZzBrooKzZ
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you so much

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation