Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-dc00010nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Got an Hp OMEN 15-dc0010nq and i just put an WD BLUE 3D NAND SATA SSD m.2 2280 in it, installed Windows 10 after removing the HDD and BATTERY, it booted fine but after i plugged in the 1TB HDD(got stuff i need on it) it does not boot from the SSD hard disk anymore.

If i manualy select at start up(using ESC key) in the boot menu(f9 key), the SSD Drive, it boots with no problem but if i let it boot buy itself it will only boot from the HDD drive and keep getting the Windows Recovery message. 

In the BIOS there no way to chose the Boot order device! Any ideeas on how i can make it boot by itself from the SSD drive not the HDD one?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jupu3 

Because the old HDD still is bootable drive. Now (a) move your data/files out (b) Remove and format it then (c) put it back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jupu3 

Because the old HDD still is bootable drive. Now (a) move your data/files out (b) Remove and format it then (c) put it back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

it worked like a charm!

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.