Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Folio 13 1020us notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp folio laptop which have the legacy boot option missing. I need to install windows xp for some legacy devices which need to be enabled. My laptop doesn't support legacy boot so i can't install windows xp can anyone help me plz.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mg7171 I'm afraid Windows XP is no longer supported by HP or Microsoft and the best thing to do instead is to make use of the Windows 10 compatibility mode to install and use the WinXP applications on the existing OS,

Look at the below information for details on using the same:

1. Right-click on an app and select Properties. You can do this from the app's shortcut or by navigating in File Browser to the EXE file.

select properties

2. Select the Compatibility tab, then check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

check run as

3. Select the version of Windows to use for your app's settings in the dropdown box.

select windows version

4. Hit Apply, then run your app and see if this fixed your issues.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But the laptop is from 2011 and it should have legacy boot support but it doesn't 

HP Recommended

@Mg7171 That depends on the version of BIOS you have, if the option isn't showing up on your device,

please consider updating your BIOS to check if the option appears on the screen.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.