Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i need to do a hard reboot because the laptop has completely shut down.  the charging light does not come on.  this occured after recent updates so that must be the culprit.  it looks like you are supposed to remove the screws on the back of the computer but mine are not philips but rather a star shaped.  I do have that screw bit but I am worried that the screws are designed so that the back is not removable unless taken to a service center.  Has anyone noticed that the screws are not your standard philips type?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you consult the maintenance and service manual for your specific notebook's model series to see how to remove the battery.

Official HP® Support

There is a procedure to do a force reset the notebook when it has a internal battery...

Hard or Force Reset a Fixed Battery | HP Notebooks | @HPSupport - YouTube

HP Recommended

This did not work.  I have a spectre XT 360 .  I'm not sure if this video applies to my laptop.  How do you open the back of the computer?

HP Recommended

What's the product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.