Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
i, I have a probook 4540s laptop
Some time ago, the BIOS was updated to the new version 2019 But I have problems I wanted to downgrade it to the 2013 version I found the installation file but it gives me an error I tried other methods such as flash, etc. and it did not work Thanks for your help

H2013p.png2013pp.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer is to make sure you are booting from your W7 installation media from your notebook's USB 2 port.   Those would be located on the right side of the PC.

You cannot install W7 from a USB 3 port.

Otherwise, if your notebook has a DVD drive, try installing W7 from a DVD.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you read the BIOS release notes on the support page, you cannot go back to any version older than F.64.

Version: F.68 Rev.A  

Fixed in this release: - - Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130.

Version: F.67 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides updated security with a new microcode version.

Version: F.66 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Updates the Intel microcode.

Version: F.64 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue where the system appears to enter recovery mode after Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) is disabled in the F10 BIOS menu. - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.62 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.61 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

Version: F.60 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.
NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.50 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system stops functioning when the system is powered on with a USB 3.0 hard drive connected using the USB 3.0 port.

HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for the reply

But I can't change Windows recently, it stays on the boot screen I booted Flash but I still can't install the new Windows If I had done all this easily on the previous version of the BIOS AMD graphics driver also has a problem Can you give me a solution to install Windows? I was flashing anyway CD I could not change any model

thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer is to make sure you are booting from your W7 installation media from your notebook's USB 2 port.   Those would be located on the right side of the PC.

You cannot install W7 from a USB 3 port.

Otherwise, if your notebook has a DVD drive, try installing W7 from a DVD.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply
I will definitely test
Does it matter what type of flash
USB2 or USB3?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The type of USB flash drive doesn't matter...USB3 or USB2 is fine.

But W7 does not have the USB 3 drivers needed to boot and install from a USB3 port unless you add them to the installation files.

Since your notebook has USB 2 ports, it is much easier to boot from a USB 2 port to install W7 than to do the work to add the USB 3 drivers to be able to boot from a USB 3 port for W7 to install.

HP Recommended

tanks

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.