Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have probook 4530s laptop...i want to change boot sequence through boot utility and advanced tab (i mean the blue screen... not hp startup software) when i press f1 it's show hp system info.. f2 it's show system diagnostics options.. f7 it's show hp spare key window..  f9 it's show boot device options .. f10 show hp biosetup (useless)  window..f8 show nothing .Delete show noting...Esc show all this key and what it's do..........How can i enter bios utility to change boot priority??...what key can i press to enter bios setup utlity??

Product NO A1E83EA#ABV

Operating System installed windows 7 ultimate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press F10 to enter Bios.

Go to System configuration and choose Boot Options.

Remember to Save all new settings.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press F10 to enter Bios.

Go to System configuration and choose Boot Options.

Remember to Save all new settings.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I did it 4-5 times and everytime instead of USB ,the windows starts up. Help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended
Problem solved, Hit F9 to sect the boot option. If there is no option then that drive or usb is not recognized. My USB was not recognized and I was not having option. So changed the USB , then I could see the option.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.