06-09-2010 12:35 PM
Closed lid last night., won't come on this morning. Happened once before, came on next day. HP instructions aren't working. Tried with and with out hard drive, switched DIMMs. Computer runs VERY hot.
06-10-2010 12:15 PM
Have a similar problem with my HP Pavilion. It has been running hot but being my first laptop I didn't think anything of it. Then last night it came on with a black screen saying HP Invent and press escape for menu. That didn't work.
Took it into Staples this morning, first thing I got was why didn't you buy extended warantee? Laptop was exactly 1 year old 2 days ago.
Anyway to make a long story short, the guy messed with a few things then said it is probably the motherboard since there seems to be a lack of communication on the machine. He took the hard drive out and said they could create a backup for $100. The motherboard would be at least $300.
This could be your problem also, hope not.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)