06-08-2012 12:31 AM
Could be a Harddrive failure. How ever, you can try booting to diagnostics. Restart the notebook and soon after start tapping F2 key to access diagnostics and it will give some options to run the test on some hardware components. Check if any of the hardware components fail. If every thing Passes, then you just have to reinstall the windows using the Recovery discs ordered from HP phone support.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I am employed by HP
09-01-2012 12:20 PM
And if tapping F2 doesn't help? There is still nothing appearing on my screen. The "Windows" tune sounds, so I'm hesitant to believe that the hard drive has failed.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)