Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-10-2023 05:38 AM
my compaq presario m2000 is not powering up. i opened it after very long time few days ago it boot up and worked for few minutes and then everything turned black and now its not powering up?
what should i do?
09-12-2023 11:30 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If your Compaq Presario M2000 is not powering up, it could be due to a variety of hardware or software issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.
Check the Power Supply:
- Make sure the laptop is properly plugged into a working power outlet.
- Check the power adapter and its connections for any visible damage.
- If you're using the laptop on battery power, try connecting it to the charger and see if it powers up.
- If the laptop works with the charger but not on battery, your battery may need to be replaced.
- Disconnect any external devices such as USB drives, printers, or external monitors, as they could be causing conflicts.
- Sometimes, a hard reset can resolve power issues. To perform a hard reset, disconnect the laptop from the power source, remove the battery (if removable), and hold the power button down for about 15 seconds. Then, reconnect the power source and try turning it on.
Memory and Hard Drive Reseating:
- It's possible that the RAM or hard drive has become loose over time. Open the laptop, reseat the RAM modules, and check the connections of the hard drive.
- Overheating can cause laptops to shut down unexpectedly. Ensure that the laptop's cooling system (fans and vents) are clean and functioning properly.
- You can try resetting the BIOS settings to default. To do this, you may need to consult your laptop's manual for specific instructions.
Motherboard or Power Supply Issues:
- If none of the above steps work, there may be a deeper hardware issue, such as a faulty motherboard or power supply.
- If you have important data on the laptop and it's not powering up, consider data recovery options before attempting any major repairs that might involve data loss.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community