komarson
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

compaq presario post troubleshoot leds

HP Recommended
presario cq61

Hi all.

I have a problem with the presario  cq61. It won't start. When the batery is connected the batery light flashes when i try to power on. Tried the reset, nothing. tried another original working ac/dc adapter, same thing. When I disconnect the batery and AC, discharge the device (20 sec power button), and then I connect the AC and press the power button the following happens:

The powered on light is on, num and caps lock blink slowly and endlesly, wifi light is amber, no sound from speaker, i can hear the fan thou, nothing on the screen, not even the cursor. Tried aditional desktop monitor, nothing on. powered off and disconected AC. opened to verify the memory seating. 2 boards. Tried each board in each slot with power on and not once did the laptop start. Always the same thing above mentioned happens.

haven't tried the bios reset...

2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,348 44,125 7,091 12,532
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have done a complete job of troubleshooting. The problem is the motherboard is dead. 

0 Kudos
komarson
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you very much for the confirmation.

I was afraid of that...

And thank you for the quick response!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation