06-19-2010 01:36 PM
I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop and all of a sudden the mouse scroll bar won't work. I can move the mouse just fine, but not the scroll bar on the side. I can use the scroll bar on the screen by clicking it or the arrow keys but not the bar on the mouse pad This is very frustrating. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions...
07-02-2010 03:22 AM
are you using touchpad as mouse????
if yes go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> click on last tab (Device Settings) -> click on + next to the second item(Scrolling) ->click on "one finger scrolling"(don't click on the + next to it, just click on it's name) -> ckeck whether "Enable vertical scrolling" is checked or not... if not check it.... and u may have your problem solved....
05-27-2012 12:08 PM
Please goto the Device Manager, Mice and other Pointing Devices, single click to expand, double click the mouse icon to open Properties window, click, Roll Back Driver. While you're there you can check to see if there are any issues.
'I am a volunteer!
If it were a rattler. . . .
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)