Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion gaming cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a fresh install because i was having usb drop outs. and was having problems with root kernel.

i was able to boot from usb and reinstall win10. I immediately went into updates and starting the long process. i went to bed once it had started. I woke up to see all except the first update had failed. It stated i needed to restart. i did and when it came back it would not load. i have not been able to get it into recovery envo, or get it past the hp logo screen. It looks like its going to load but the the screen goes blank. i have tried literally everything suggested to no avail. i have tried hard reset, booting from the same usb win media file, removing hdd and reformatting it again, literally everything you can find on boot issues on the net i have tried. Im at a loss. This laptop is 16 months old from date of purchase. I cant afford to go buy another nor can i afford to buy more hardware outside maybe a new hdd (will upgrade to ssd though). I did replace my ram from 1x 8gb stick to two x 16gb sticks. but it was reading just find before i did the clean install. After i changed the ram the usb drop out problem still existed so hence the hard wipe of hdd. Any suggestions would beyond helpful.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

i did forget to mention. i cant replace the ram back to original for a couple days. my roomie is mailing it to me and wont be here for two days. Again ty in advance any and all help and suggestions are welcome

HP Recommended

@mellowjont Welcome to HP Community!

I understand the laptop will not boot after installing the Windows 10 installation.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let us know how did you install the Windows 10.

Please perform the hard reset and check for the issue. 

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Please try to connect the computer on the external display and check for the display.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Did all of that prior to original post. I literally tried everything. When I posted this I stated that I had tried everything I could find. Thank you for your help though

HP Recommended

@mellowjont

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option.

They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.