Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p217ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm not very tech savvy so please have patience with me, since I'm going to explain every little detail. Also I know that this is probably a Windows problem, but I've seen people respond with the useful information here before.

Last week Wednesday, when I wanted to shut down the laptop, Windows made an updated. After it shutdown I restarted my laptop so the update would be complete. After it was done with no problem, I shutdown my computer and when to sleep. Next day, the laptop is very slow and I can't connect to internet through WiFi. Every attempt I tried, my laptop will freeze every 2-3 minutes. Sometimes the entire screen goes black ( and one time it went black then white) except the mouse and everything unfreezes after that. Today when I turned the laptop on, It was very slow and before getting to the desktop it said
"The Service Group Policy Client failed the sign-in. The UUID-type is not supported." I tried to connect to the internet by UTP-cable in my router, I tried using my phone as a hotspot, it will not connect to anything. However it keeps saying it is connected. But when I go to Skype it's says there is no internet connection. Browsers will keep loading but nothing happens. I haven't touch my laptop since Sunday to do a Quick scan with Bitdefender and then I shut the laptop down.

I'm trying to use Microsoft Troubleshooting but can't download it without internet. Tried updating the driver for the WiFi adapter(Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n), but says the it can't do that since the time-outperiod expired. Right now I'm shutting down the laptop and it won't shut down, it will restart (which also takes a long time) and bring me back to the desktop and from there I shut it down again which just shuts down very smoothly with no problem.

What can I do to fix it? I want to connect to the internet asap so I can do a full systeem because of this whole ransomware fear. Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh

Thank you for your quick responds. I couldn't see your answer because of no internet conncection.

I don't have any problems with my laptop anymore. The problem was indeed the WiFi-driver. I updated it and got internet connection back on my laptop. Then I used Microsoft Troubleshooting and found out that a major software update failed and that was causing all my problems. After troubleshooting fixed all my problems, I restarted the laptop and after that everything was back to normal. Did a few scans and no viruses or malware.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MNova,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having slow performance and internet connectivity issues on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you tried to run a complete scan on the PC

Did you try to perform a System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine?

Did you try to install the Wi-Fi drivers?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to perform System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Please run an extensive system diagnostics test from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

You could also run a complete scan on your PC.

Please reply to this post with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh

Thank you for your quick responds. I couldn't see your answer because of no internet conncection.

I don't have any problems with my laptop anymore. The problem was indeed the WiFi-driver. I updated it and got internet connection back on my laptop. Then I used Microsoft Troubleshooting and found out that a major software update failed and that was causing all my problems. After troubleshooting fixed all my problems, I restarted the laptop and after that everything was back to normal. Did a few scans and no viruses or malware.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

HP Recommended

Hi @MNova,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.