01-08-2011 09:27 PM
I have a Pavilion dv6-2120tx which is freezing. Had same problem 8 months ago and HDD was replaced under warranty. Since then have had intermittent freezing issues, but now is happening all the time. Did BIOS test and quck test was ok but comprehensive test froze at 3% with message "ERROR 305 - HARD DISK FULL". Pressed OK and computer worked fine until I turned it off and re-started it next day - then got same freezing problem. HDD is not full - have only used about 10%. Still under warranty, so they are going to put in another new HDD.
Does anyone think there may be another problem besides the HDD ????????
01-09-2011 10:34 PM
Diagnose test hangs show the HDD has problem, which normally will lead to system freeze or crash, so definitely have it replaced. Make sure you back up your data first though. memory and CPU probably are ok, if those have problems, typically computer will just crash.
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
01-10-2011 09:09 AM
Check the BIOS version you have against the latest HP has available for your model.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)